Authors, Writers and aspiring writers-authors needed!
Not long ago, we published a summary of the statistics emanating from a Taleist results from their survey about self-publishers.
Since then, a lot of criticism has been launched at the validity of the survey
Here are some of the weaknesses identified
- It lumped in hybrid authors and self-published authors
- It did not pose the same questions to traditionally published authors
- It did not quantify what it meant to “Live from your book earnings”, leading some authors who answered the survey to be very surprised to find themselves lumped in the “Top Earners” category
- They will not release their data so that others can analyze
- The survey had only 1007 interviewees
Michael J. Sullivan, author of the Riyria Revelations, is attempting to correct this situation with a survey of his own and need as many writers as possible -from all backgrounds, even aspiring writers, to add some data to the equation.
So, as we would all benefit from a better picture of what is happening on the publishing/self-publishing scene, take a few moment of your time to answer Sullivan’s survey about self publishers.
Sullivan will send the raw data to all survey participants, with permission to use them and republish them on their own blog if they feel so inclined
So let’s draw the publishing scene together and take the survey?
Thank you all for your time and effort.